Global Directive May Move Contests Online
Breaking News from Toastmasters International!
On March 14, 2020, Toastmasters International distributed an email directing all Districts that the TI Board made the following decisions regarding current and upcoming District events.
- Area, Division, and/or District events can no longer be conducted in person, on or prior to June 1, 2020.
- As an alternative, we encourage Areas, Divisions, and Districts to host events online to help clubs and members through this difficult time.
Further to TI’s directive, the D42 District Executive Committee is meeting on March 29, 2020 to determine whether to conduct or cancel Speech Contests for the 2019–2020 contest cycle. Your Area and Division Directors will be voting on this motion. If you have strong opinions, please let them know.
District 42 Provides Online Resources
For those clubs who choose to meet online, District 42 is funding virtual platforms (Zoom). Further, training in the use of those platforms is available.
- If you have your own or corporate Video conferencing resources, and are comfortable using them, please proceed.
- If your club or Area requires access to District resources, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your online meeting or Area Contest will be scheduled on D42 paid accounts.
We trust these are temporary measures, as we come together to all do our bit to help our health services fight. From hand-washing to social distancing, it is important we work together to flatten the curve and spread of covid-19.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we move towards conducting more online meetings (a Level 4 elective on all Pathways) and continue to grow our relationships and clubs.
Do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.