Online Event Resources
Online Meeting Tips & Tricks:
- Getting started
- Getting comfortable and trying it out – District 42 “Managing Online Club Meetings” – Video recording from Mar 18, 2020
- Getting better at it – District 47 & Online Presenters Toastmasters Club Presents “Webinar on How to Host Online Toastmasters Meetings“
- Instructions Hosting Shared Meetings
- When You Are The D42 Meeting Host (Video Presentation)
- Tips for Hosting Joint Meetings
- Zoom Quick Start Tips
- Join/Leave/Rejoin a Breakout Room – tips for Windows, Mac, IOS, Android
- Zoom Meeting Security Checklist
Online Event Tools:
Online Speech Contest Resources:
- Best Practices for Online Speech Contests – Document from Toastmasters International – Provides tips and information for organizing the logistics of your contest and ensuring the best experience for contestants and participants.
- Video Recording Guidelines – Document from Toastmasters International – For 2020 District Online Speech Contests
- Toastmasters International Speech Contest Resources – Link to all the forms and resources for Speech Contests on Toastmasters International website
- Click Here for and overview of the Speech Contest Schedule or visit the District 42 Events Calendar
Online Speech Contest Training:
- District 42 Online Speech Contest Training April 2020 – PDF of Presentation slides
- District 42 Online Speech Contest Training April 2020 – Video Recording
- Toastmasters International April 2020 – Online Speech Contest Best Practices presentation slides
- Toastmasters International April 2020 – Online Speech Contest Best Practices webinar recording
Do You Need Some One-on-One Zoom Support?
The District 42 Tech team will help you navigate the basic meeting controls in Zoom. In these 15-minute one-on-sessions you will receive support from Tech team members on key features for successful online meetings and events:
|If you are a meeting participant, you will get tips on:
||If you are meeting host:
||If you are a Speech Contestant:
Be Online ready with the help of an expert. Click on each calendar link below to find an available day and time that works best for you. It is a first come, first serve basis and the support sessions will be available at least until April 17. Please only book one session to ensure other members get an opportunity to receive a support session as well.
Here is a quick reference guide of the speech contest tips for all contestants:TM Online Speech Contestant Tip sheet
Book a one-on-one support session NOW! While booking your time slot, when you enter your Full Name, please also indicate whether you are a meeting “Participant”, meeting “Host” or a speech “Contestant”. This will give the support person more information about what you need, ahead of time, to be ready to assist you better.
|Tech Team Support Calendar 1||Tech Team Support Calendar 2||Tech Team Support Calendar 3||Tech Team Support Calendar 4|
Do You Need Access to Online Technology?
To have an online Club meeting scheduled on D42’s Zoom Accounts
- Email email@example.com
- Club name
- Meeting Day
- Meeting Time
- List of dates for meetings from today to June 30, 2020
- Do you need a poll Setup?
The Online Tech Team will book your times and provide you with your Zoom link.
And you’re off to the races!