Of The Year Awards
Of the Year Awards are presented at the Spring Conference to Toastmasters in District 42 who demonstrate outstanding commitment, dedication and leadership to their clubs, areas, divisions and our organization as a whole. Specific criteria are outlined in each of the nomination forms below. Club members benefit by understanding the qualities of past winners who are examples of those who go above and beyond in their participation in Toastmasters.
Personal testimonies from other club members are a huge asset to the best submissions and give the committee a better idea of the contributions of your club member that is being nominated. Please see documents below for some ideas and suggestions for writing nominations.
Past Presidents lead the nomination committee in each club except for the president of the year award where the immediate past district director will contact the incoming club executive to complete the nomination form.
Click Here for information about how President of the Year is selected.
Nomination committees for each club, area, division and district read and tabulate all forms submitted. Nomination forms and testimonies must be submitted to the nomination chair.
*New Deadlines – Updated Nov 2019*
|LEVEL||OF THE YEAR AWARD||SUBMIT BEFORE||SUBMIT BY||SUBMIT TO||AWARD AT||AWARD BY|
|prior to July 15, 2020||Member or 2019/2020 Club Executive||2019/2020 Immediate Past President or Other "Award" Committee Chair||Club Choice - recommend presenting at the year end meeting or social event||2019/2020 Immediate Past President|
|Area||* Rookie (club winner)|
* Toastmaster (club winner)
* Public Relations (club nomination)
|July 15, 2020||2019/2020 Immediate Past President or Other Club Executive||2019/2020 Area Director||Fall 2020 Area Contest||2019/2020 Area Director, if present|
|Division||* Rookie (area winner)|
* Toastmaster (area winner)
* Public Relations (area winner)
* Area Director (area director nominations)
|July 30, 2020||2019/2020 Area Director||2019/2020 Division Director||Fall 2020 Division Contest||2019/2020 Division Director, if present|
|District||* Rookie (division winner)|
* Toastmaster (division winner
* Public Relations (division winner)
* Area Director (division winner)
* Division Director (division director nominations)
|August 15, 2020||2019/2020 Division Director||2019/2020 District Director||2021 District Conference||2019/2020 District Director (who will be the 2020/2021 Immediate Past District Director)|
Some of the categories on the forms include: Enthusiasm, Dedication, Helping Others, Education and Training, Leadership, Human Factors, Membership Building and Retention, Promotions, Creativity, Content, and Media.
Nomination forms can be downloaded here:
*New Forms – Updated Nov 2019*
- Rookie of the Year – Rookie is defined as “Any member in good standing of District 42 who joins a Toastmasters club at any time during the 18 months prior to June 30 of the year for which the award is being given.” See Frequently Asked Questions or the District Procedures for more information.
- Toastmaster of the Year
- President of the Year – immediate past district director will contact the incoming club president to complete the nomination form – Click Here for more information about how President of the Year is selected.
- Public Relations of the Year
- Area Director of the Year
- Division Director of the Year
- District 42 Citation Award – This is awarded during the Spring Conference (Not awarded every year)
Hints for writing nominations:
Helpful Phrases For Writing Nominations (417.0 KiB)