Of the Year Awards are presented each Fall Conference (2017/2018 Awards will be presented at the Spring Conference 2019) for Toastmasters in District 42 who demonstrate outstanding commitment, dedication and leadership to their clubs, areas, divisions and our organisation as a whole. Specific criteria are outlined in each of the nomination forms below. Club members benefit by understanding the qualities of past winners who are examples of those who go above and beyond in their participation in Toastmasters. Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
Personal testimonies from other club members are a huge asset to the best submissions and give the committee a better idea of the contributions of your club member that is being nominated. Please see documents below for some ideas and suggestions for writing nominations.
Usually Past Presidents lead the nomination committee in each club except for the president of the year award where the immediate past district director will contact the incoming club executive to complete the nomination form. Click Here for more information about how President of the Year is selected.
Nomination committees for each club, area, division and the district read and tabulate all forms submitted. Nomination forms and testimonies must be submitted to the nomination chair.
- Club members submit nomination forms for Rookie, Toastmaster and Public Relations of the Year to the Past President
- The Presidents submit Club winners’ nomination forms for Rookie, Toastmaster and Public Relations of the Year to the Area Directors by June 15
- Area Directors submit Area winners’ nomination forms for Rookie, Toastmaster and Public Relations of the Year to Division Directors by July 7
- Division Directors submit Division winners’ nomination forms for Rookie, Toastmaster, Public Relations and Area Director of the Year to the District Team by July 15. We’d also appreciate if the Division Directors and/or their Area Director team, would prepare a nomination for the Division Director to be considered for Division Director of the Year. Submit this also to the District Team by July 15.
- A winner for District 42 in each category is chosen and acknowledged at the District Conference.
Some of the categories on the forms include: Enthusiasm, Dedication, Helping Others, Education and Training, Leadership, Human Factors, Membership Building and Retention, Promotions, Creativity, Content, and Media.
Nomination forms can be downloaded here:
- Rookie of the Year – Rookie is defined as “Any member in good standing of District 42 who joins a Toastmasters club at any time during the 18 months prior to June 30 of the year for which the award is being given.” See Frequently Asked Questions or the District Procedures for more information.
- Toastmaster of the Year
- President of the Year – immediate past district director will contact the incoming club president to complete the nomination form – Click Here for more information about how President of the Year is selected.
- Public Relations of the Year
- Area Director of the Year
- Division Director of the Year
- District 42 Citation Award – This is awarded during the Spring Convention (Not awarded every year)
Hints for writing nominations:
Helpful Phrases For Writing Nominations (417.0 KiB)