Introducing the Pathways Learning Experience, a new Toastmasters Education Program, available to members of District 42 on May 3, 2018 (NEW DATE, still subject to change)!
Why are we getting a new education program?
In the 2010 strategic plan, the Toastmasters Board of Directors called for the education program to be revitalized. The Board stressed the need to modernize the communication track as well as renew the focus on leadership learning in the leadership track.
The traditional education program has served Toastmasters for many years. However, much of the communication track hasn’t been updated since the 1970s.
How is Pathways different?
The Toastmasters Pathways learning experience is not a departure from the current program, because it builds on the established educational foundation. Pathways is a modernized learning experience suited to our changing global society. It offers you more benefits and more opportunities to learn, grow and meet personal and professional goals. You now have the opportunity to develop additional skills you can use not just in your club, but at your job or in your community as well.
If you would like to learn more about the history and development of Pathways, watch this video series.
How do I find out more?
Attend club officer training between Jan 1 and Feb 28 to learn more about the program (events are posted here). Each club will also be assigned an Ambassador and a Pathways Guide to help keep you informed and teach you the new program. Club visits will begin in January 2018.
Find your Club Ambassador and Guide HERE (Excel File) or HERE (PDF File). Ambassadors and Guides will be in touch with Club Leaders to schedule visits and training sessions.
Visit the Toastmasters International Pathways webpage for more information.
Preparing for Pathways is as Easy as 1-2-3
Refer to the steps below and you will be on your way. It’s important to log in to the Toastmasters International website as soon as possible to ensure that your username and password are correct. This will help you avoid delays in your online enrollment.
CLICK HERE for detailed instructions on how to log into Toastmasters International.
Pathways has already rolled out in other regions around the world.
Hear members share their Pathways experience…
District 57 was one of the first Districts to rollout Pathways. Visit District 57 website for additional resources: https://d57tm.org/pathways/
- Pathways Learning Experience Presentation (PPT)
- Details on the Pathways Program, with sample projects and screenshots
- Pathways Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- How to get started on Pathways
- Pathways Paths and Core Competencies (PDF)
- A list of all projects in every path
- Pathways Paths and Project Catalog – Explore the speeches and projects in each path to help you decide which path to take:
- Pathways Navigator (PDF)
- Your guide to getting started in Toastmasters and Pathways
- Base Camp Manager Duties (PDF)
- A how-to document for the tasks a base camp manager does
- In each club, the vice president education (VPE) will serve as the Base Camp Manager, with support from the club president and secretary
- Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM)
- Link to Toastmasters International Website outlining the path to DTM, including Achievements & Awards, in the new Pathways Learning Experience
- Ice Breaker Project
- Sample your first project in the new program
- Ice Breaker Project Completion Request
- The “Ice Breaker” Completion form is designed to help clubs give Ice Breaker project credit in Pathways BEFORE Pathways rolls out in the District
Last Updated: Program Quality Director, Catherine Secundiak DTM – 2018-04-21