Online Meeting Tips & Tricks
- Getting started
- Getting comfortable and trying it out – District 42 “Managing Online Club Meetings” – Video recording from Mar 18, 2020
- Getting better at it – District 47 & Online Presenters Toastmasters Club Presents “Webinar on How to Host Online Toastmasters Meetings“
- Instructions Hosting Shared Meetings
- When You Are The D42 Meeting Host (Video Presentation)
- Tips for Hosting Joint Meetings
- Zoom Quick Start Tips
- Join/Leave/Rejoin a Breakout Room – tips for Windows, Mac, IOS, Android
Online Event Tools
Online Speech Contest Resources
- Best Practices for Online Speech Contests – Document from Toastmasters International – Provides tips and information for organizing the logistics of your contest and ensuring the best experience for contestants and participants.
- Video Recording Guidelines – Document from Toastmasters International – For 2020 District Online Speech Contests
- Toastmasters International Speech Contest Resources – Link to all the forms and resources for Speech Contests on Toastmasters International website
Online Speech Contest Training
- District 42 Online Speech Contest Training April 2020 – PDF of Presentation slides
- District 42 Online Speech Contest Training April 2020 – Video Recording
- Toastmasters International April 2020 – Online Speech Contest Best Practices presentation slides
- Toastmasters International April 2020 – Online Speech Contest Best Practices webinar recording
- Humorous Speech Contest – Judge’s Guide and Ballot (fillable PDF)
- Humorous Speech Contest – Tiebreaking Judge’s Guide and Ballot (fillable PDF)
- International Speech Contest – Judge’s Guide and Ballot (fillable PDF)
- International Speech Contest – Tiebreaking Judge’s Guide and Ballot (fillable PDF)
- Time Record Sheet (fillable PDF)
- Counters Tally Sheet
- Results Form
- Notification of Winner (fillable PDF)
Click here to access all the forms listed above.
Do You Need Some One-on-One Zoom Support?
The District 42 Tech team will help you navigate the basic meeting controls in Zoom. In these 15-minute one-on-sessions you will receive support from Tech team members on key features for successful online meetings and events:
If you are a meeting participant, you will get tips on:
◊ Audio Video Chat ◊ Screen Name ◊ Speaker/ Gallery View
If you are meeting host:
◊ Same as a previous and
◊ Mute/Unmute Audio for all ◊ Host/ Co-Host ◊ Turn On/Off Video for all
If you are a Speech Contestant:
◊ Checking your Background ◊ Checking your Camera and Lighting
◊ Checking your Connection ◊ Checking your Audio
Be Online ready with the help of an expert. Email email@example.com to book one-on-one Zoom support for your club.
Publicize Your Online Club
An email template has been created for Vice Presidents Public Relations (VPPRs) to publicize their online club through their local media. The template can be found here, customized by replacing the bolded text with the appropriate club information, and shared with the local media via email. A list of media outlets in your area for you to contact can be accessed through www.mondotimes.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Do You Need Access to Online Technology?
To have an online Club meeting scheduled on D42’s Zoom Accounts
1. Email email@example.com
- Club name
- Meeting Day
- Meeting Time
- List of dates for meetings from today to June 30, 2020
- Do you need a poll Setup?
The Online Tech Team will book your times and provide you with your Zoom link.
Join the District 42 Facebook Group: D42 Online Club Meetings
Click Here for a list of District 42 Clubs already meeting online.