Club Treasurers, here are some great tips for making the club renewals and dues collection process a little easier:
- Emphasize the importance of paying dues on time. Start reminding club members as early as possible and reinforce the benefits of the Toastmasters program. If a member is not paid by their club treasurer as of March 31, it will affect their eligibility to compete in the Spring Speech Contests, there is no longer a grace period.
- Leverage technology to collect payments. Set up your club to accept e-transfers. If your club uses a FreeToastHost website, the club treasurer can e-mail dues invoices, keep track of who has paid with the payment method used and follow up with those who have not paid yet.
- Engage your entire officer team and club. When the club officers engage in the dues renewals process it will go more quickly. Let your club know about the club recognition associated with paying dues on time – Distinguished Club Program Goal No. 9 and Club Member Retention Award. Issue the challenge to the club and watch them rise to the occasion.
- Enjoy uninterrupted benefits by renewing early.
- Don’t leave your members behind. Be sure to submit your fees by March 31 | 2021
- Renewals must include the President, one Vice President and the Secretary to obtain Club Central access.
- The minimum renewal requirement is eight paid members – at least three of whom were members of the club during the previous renewal period.
- More questions? Check here.
Don’t forget that membership fees are due by March 31, 2021.